Friday, May 11, 2007

am happy

met my best friend yesterday after a week. he'd gone home and just returned.
he said he was extremely envious of me, know why?
because i'm happy right now
extremely happy
when one starts studying towards a career, or working, one often wonders if one is on the right track, etc.
i've had my share of doubts
but right now, i'm so happy. i'm really enjoying my work, and there's so much to learn and do
people told me i'm a dolt for choosing this subject for my post-grad
they said it was a waste of brain power (thanks for the under-handed compliment, guys; i remember one person saying, "you could do so much more!")
they said it was something one did when they did not get any other stream, or when one did not want to work much, etc, etc etc ad infinitum supra nauseum
but what can i do, this is what i wanted,
this is what i liked
and by the grace of god almighty, right now, it seems to be clicking
hope my friend gets that way too, and soon.
it's not easy to see him feeling down. he's the one who lifts everyone else's spirits, keeps everyone laughing, etc
am stuck now, and wondering, is there a polite way to end a post or.....
i guess it's my space to do what i want, right?

1 comment:

Schizo Phrenic said...

hey, "he lifts up the spirits of others" and is himself mostly in the pits... that sounds like me!!!

arrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
muah